1. What personal information is collected?
- When a user submits information to Medley Studios, it will usually take the form of product or account registration, online product services, messaging boards and forums, contest registrations, consumer complaints, surveys, customer service or technical support, and/or newsletters. There are other forms in which we receive user information, this is just the basis on which we usually do that.
- In the event that you deliberately agree to have a third party collect your information in association with Medley Studios, this data is usually just bridge-data that makes it possible for the third party to read user data from (a).
- Account passwords are not stored using plaintext and they are stored using an unreadable format.
2. What other types of information may we collect?
- For most activities, we collect information that the user can see and modify. In a video game product, this may include data regarding game-specific aesthetics or in-game content.
- For the internal backend to work and provide Medley Studios’s services to users, we collect information that protects us from any attackers and helps us offer better products to our users.
- We also collect information about user consent, which allows us to determine what kind of information not to collect.
3. How do we use your personal information?
- The personal information you provide Medley Studios will allow us to fulfill your product or service order; alert you of new products or services, features, enhancements; handle/route your customer service or technical support questions or issues; and/or notify you of upgrade opportunities, contests, promotions, or special events and offers.
- We use your personal information for marketing, profiling, or demographic purposes. This is so that we can evolve our products and services to fit your needs. We do this so we can do a better job serving you, and if you have any concerns regarding this you may contact support and we will help you to the best of our ability.
4. How do we communicate with our users?
- Special offers and updates via email and messaging forums
- Product-related and service-related announcements via email and messaging forums
- Customer service via email and messaging forums
5. Who is collecting your information?
- When you are asked for information on Medley Studios’s websites or any Medley Studios products, you are sharing the information with Medley Studios unless specifically stated otherwise. When this is not such a simple case, you will be asked for deliberate consent.
- Some services may provide in conjunction with partnered companies. You will be notified when this is the case, and along with the notification you have the ability to opt-out. This conjunction may be necessary to provide bare minimum services to our users, so we will remind you of that in any situation where you are opting-out so you understand the aftermath.
- If our websites contain social media links then activity there will be tracked so that we can learn how to better suit your interests.
6. With whom may your personal information be shared?
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may, however, share non-personally identifiable, aggregated, and/or public information with third parties. This is always in an attempt to better our products and services.
- We may share unique identifiers specific to your copy of any of our products with third parties for the purpose of tailoring content as well as personalizing, adjusting, and improving our services.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law or in special cases when we have strong evidence supporting the idea that this information is necessary to identify, contact, or invoke legal action against you if you are violating the Terms & Conditions for a Medley Studios website or product, or may be causing interference (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, other users, or anyone else that may have been harmed by your actions.
- Your personal information is shared internally for business records.
7. What choices do users have over their personal data?
- We allow you to control the way that we use information which personally identifies you.
- When you provide personal information to us, we give you the option of declining certain features or forms of communication, and certain routes where your data may be shared in order to better serve you.
- All subscriptions can be opt-out of via your account settings or the messages you receive from the subscription.
- You will always be given the option to opt-out of certain features or functionality before we obtain your personal data.
8. Is there an age restriction?
- There is no age restriction to use our websites and to use our products that allow you to interact with the product without a Medley ID.
- Medley ID users must agree that they are 13 years of age or older.
9. What is Medley ID?
- Medley ID is a global cross platform account system created by Medley Studios that allows users to interact with each other.
- In our video games, Medley ID allows users to play with each other online independent of platform or region.
10. Am I being tracked by any technologies?
- We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files, so in that sense yes.
- This information might include your IP address and non-personal information such as your browser type, operating system, date/time, and clickstream/buttonstream data. We do this so we can protect our services from DDoS attacks and loris attacks and also so we can validate user trends and act on them quickly.
- We cannot prevent a third party from tracking you, so make sure to read their policies as well.
- Medley Studios’s websites to store login information and client-authoritative information that allows your website experience to be seamless. This is done via cookies, HTML5 local storage, or Flash cookies. This is to store content and preferences.
- We may insert invisible content into our HTML emails to let us know what kind of emails have been opened by recipients.
- In the event that Medley Studios partners with third party ad networks to display advertisements, these advertisements may store certain tracking information to better their services.
11. What are IP (Internet Protocol) addresses?
- An Internet Protocol address, or IP address, is a unique number assigned to your Internet Service Provider, or ISP.
- IP addresses can be used to track the source of internet traffic, and Medley Studios tracks this kind of information to prevent mass-email attacks, DDoS attacks, and loris attacks.
12. What do you do if you need to make a specialized request about your personal information?
- If there is any reason you need to make a specialized request about your user data, please contact Medley Studios support team. We take this very seriously and will always prefer that our users feel safe and secure, so feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In some cases, we may not be able to delete your personal information and will retain it as long as necessary to comply with our own legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our own agreements.
13. How secure is my personal information?
- The security of your personal information is of extreme importance to us. We have taken steps to assure that all data collected is secure and cannot be sold or stolen.
- For example, All requests sent to Medley Studios websites or servers are sent over HTTPS using SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. This prevents anyone from listening in on your connection to our servers.
14. How do we comply with the EU GDPR?
In compliance with the EU GDPR we are revising how transparent we will be with individual users and their rights to their data. All Medley users now have full rights to any sensitive data regarding their account and may contact support for any information on the topic if there is any confusion. All Medley users have the right to access, rectification, and erasure of their data. We avoid corporate jargon so that we can simply communicate about how we protect your data. Medley is giving its users a transparent approach where they have full rights to understanding and controlling all sensitive data with regard to their account.
- Any Medley associate who interacts with users, writes systems for user data, or analyzes user trends is being trained on the subject of the EU GDPR.
- In order to support the right for a user to be forgotten, we store internal documents reminding us the location and scope of user data. This allows us to completely erase all roots of user data, even if Medley is partnered with a third party. Internal documentation is not specific to each user, since users are documented in groups, so there are no sensitive details in this internal documentation.
- Medley will never associate with any third party who does not support the EU GDPR.
- We have made sure that your personal account data can be sent to you in a data format that is easily readable on request.
- Our time frame for handling specialized requests related to your account is less than 4 weeks.
We process your data under various types of lawful basis, such as consent, vital interests, and legitimate interests.
- Consent is the simplest and most transparent lawful basis of those mentioned in which we query your interests before processing any data, and we do so in a straightforward manner with no beating around the bush. Any service or data processing you opt-in to can be opt-out of, and this also includes subscription services.
- Vital interests include interests of information about your connection to the servers so that we can protect our services from the likes of DDoS attacks and loris attacks, information necessary to provide users the bare minimum of our services, and information that allows users to interact with any of our products or share their information in said products with other users. An example of a vital interest is user authentication information, like a username or an email. This information is not shared with any third party without the user’s deliberate consent, meaning that they will know when they are sharing it. User passwords are not stored in the database as raw text, and are hashed and salted (unreadable format) so that the user is as protected as possible.
- Legitimate interests include interests of information that allow us to learn from our users’ feedback and better support them and the products that they use. An example of a legitimate interest is information about the amount of time a user spends using any given product, and determining the reasons which caused the user to stop using the product.
- Medley users must be 13 years of age or older to create an account, and the context of this requirement can be viewed in our Terms & Conditions.
- We have the procedures in place to quickly detect, report, and investigate a personal data breach. More importantly, we have the tools to prevent it from ever happening.
- We are prepared to carry out DPIAs (Data Protection Impact Assessments) when necessary.
- DPIAs are assessments that provide users with information about the possible impact of us processing information related to their activities.
15. Questions or complaints
If you have any questions or complaints, feel free to email us at email@example.com.